GGPA is an LGBTQI affirmative practice and employs LGBTQI affirmative therapists.
We treat all types of LGBTQI issues and relationship issues including but not limited to working through:
- internalized homophobia
- religious and cultural issues related to sexuality
- harm reduction and addiction
- processing trauma related to hate crime experiences
- assist patients who are newly diagnosed with HIV/AIDS
- assist children, teens, adults with coming out to friends, family and work colleagues
- assist the trans community in processing depression, anxiety and trauma related to gender dysphoria including assistance in providing gender transition support; and
- provide WPATH-standard letters for gender confirmation surgeries
Grazel, the founder of GGPA received all her training hours working full-time at the Los Angeles LGBT Center in Hollywood and spent many years working directly with the LGBTQI population and continues to serve them in her practice.
Part of Grazel’s work as a therapist at the Los Angeles LGBT Center in Hollywood was working with the multi-disciplinary team which consisted of medical doctors, psychiatrists, and social workers. Grazel worked directly with the patients of the Director of Primary Care Clinic, Dr. Ward Carpenter, and Dr. Robert Bolan, the Medical Director of the Jeffrey Goodman Clinic at the Los Angeles LBGT Center.
In this position, not only did Grazel see many LGBTQ couples and helped treat relationship issues, she also assisted individuals who were newly diagnosed with HIV and struggling with issues surrounding substance use and addiction. Moreover, as a therapist specializing in addiction, she co-facilitated Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) for Crystal Meth and cocaine users. She also created and facilitated a Harm-Reduction and a Abstinence Group for Women.
Here’s the link to get to know our LGBTQI therapists.
We are looking forward to working with you.